Erector Water Plant


Click on photos for larger view.

New goodies bought.


800x600 - 2272x1704

Started plumbing the reservoir.


800x600 - 2272x1704

Fitting is a pipe thread, so no nut will fit (pipe threads get larger diameter as they get to the end). A cap was all I could get.


800x600 - 2272x1704


800x600 - 2272x1704

Cut the cap part off.


800x600 - 2272x1704


800x600 - 2272x1704

Now I have a nut, but it'll only go on so far.


800x600 - 2272x1704


800x600 - 2272x1704

Used o-rings to get the depth right.


800x600 - 2272x1704

Traced the outline. Since the protective film is still on the acetate, the marks will peel off. I then cut out the rough shape on the band saw.


800x600 - 2272x1704

All glued up. The flash makes the bottom look white, but it still looks clear.


800x600 - 2272x1704

After it sets up, I'll smooth the edges down.


800x600 - 2272x1704

To put the top barb in place, it had to be done with the tube inside the tower. I couldn't reach down the tube, so I cut the tube right above the hole for the top barb. After installation, I had to piece the tube back together to bring it up to the top for the filler port. To make sure I got a seal, I created a ring to be between the joint of the twp tube pieces. Here, I took a section of tube and marked the acrylic.


800x600 - 2272x1704

The mark to cut by.


800x600 - 2272x1704

Here is the rough cut piece while the glue us drying. Sorry, no photo from after I trimmed the inner and outer edges.


800x600 - 2272x1704


800x600 - 2272x1704

With the tower just set on the base, turned sideways for photos. The wires coming out are for the light sticks. They will actually be going out the other side.


800x600 - 2272x1704


800x600 - 2272x1704

A closer shot.


800x600 - 2272x1704

The top barb.


800x600 - 2272x1704

Here you can see the tube extension peeking out the top. I'll probably use a Danger Den Fill Port for this. The red Erector top will cover this.


800x600 - 2272x1704



Last updated 2007/04/09